Today’s digital revolution, with millions of connected devices providing real-time information about cities, homes, buildings, vehicles, etc. would not have been possible without the great advances in communications, electronics and signal processing of the last decades. This special session covers all aspects related with these three pillars: new communication approaches such as 5G, massive MIMO, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Software Defined Networks (SDN), or millimeter wave communications; novel results in the field of electronics such as new antennas design, emerging Li-Fi devices, micro-electromechanical systems, or nano-electronics devices; and prevalent signal processing methodologies such as adaptive filtering approaches, fusion techniques, navigation systems, or image and video processing.
Topics of interest for this Special Session on Communications, Electronics and Signal Processing include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Radio Networks.
- Channel Modelling and Propagation.
- Multiple Access Techniques.
- Device-to-device (D2D) and Machine-to-machine (M2M) Communications.
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networks (SDN).
- Millimeter Wave and Terahertz Communications.
- MIMO and Massive MIMO.
- Energy-harvesting Approaches.
- 5G and Emerging Wireless Standards.
- Underwater Acoustic (UWA) Communications.
- New Li-Fi devices.
- Antenna Processing and Design.
- MEMS and NEMS.
- Novel Solid State and Nano-electronic Devices.
- Signal Processing Theory.
- Signal Detection and Synchronization.
- Adaptive Signal Processing.
- Image and Video Processing.
- Signal Processing for Sensor Networks and IoT.
- Medical Signal Processing & Medical Imaging.
- Positioning, Localization and Navigation Techniques.
- Moe Win (MIT)
- Andrea Conti (University of Ferrara)
- Santiago Mazuelas (Basque Center for Applied Mathematics)
- Marco Chiani (University of Bologna)
- Javier Prieto (University of Salamanca)
- Soumya Prakash Rana (London South Bank University)
University of Salamanca (USAL)